Tuesday, May 19, 2009

New Website

So it's been a while since I last blogged I know. Since the semester is finally finished kicking my butt, I can now pick up where I left off.... well kinda.

The truth of the matter is that Vincent is completely finished now and has already made his big debut at Saturday Art School. I WILL continue to post my haphazard tutorial in the future. I have all the pictures, I just need to slap them on here. I find one major problem with blogging, and that is, the time you spend blogging is time that you might spend doing your artwork. That being said, I know of plenty of other people who are way more productive than me that somehow manage to blog too. Sometimes you just have to sacrifice a little sleep.

Anywho.... After teaching two semesters of Technology in Art Education, my students inspired me to create a new website. Getting back into web design has reacquainted me with some of the many frustrations that go into developing a website. If any of my students are reading this I just wanted to let you know I have an overflowing abundance of respect for all of you.

Below this pic you will find the rough draft of my website. The theme is kind of carnivalish, which I found fitting with my new emphasis on puppet making and such. The top banner will be hand drawn and then probably computer colored. I'm thinking an etched look ala

Fun fact - Lot's wife got totally pwned by God. Then his two daughters got him drunk and did the nasty with him thinking they were the last humans on the earth. GROSS!

Ok so here is the mock-up for the website. It's pretty simple; the ticket areas are going to be links and the thumbnails are pics that enlarge when they are clicked.



Please let me know what you think. I could use as much feedback as possible on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment