Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dying The Palette

I went out and bought some Rit dye for the mouth palette. I am going to be dying two peices of foam. One is a circularish piece of foam for the mouth palette and another splurt shaped piece to put in place of his removable ear. The kids should love the added gore right?


Here the pieces are enjoying a nice red dye bath. I'm crossing my fingers the foam will take the dye. I'm also hoping I don't stain my sink red permanently. I bought a small plastic container from Walmart for the dye bath. I've never done this before. Gulp.


Phew. The puppet gods smile upon me. Looks like it worked out. It's not quite the bright red I was hoping for but since the foam was originally green this is probably the best I'm going to get. And somehow my clumsy ass manages to avoid any dye disasters too. I hope my luck holds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment