Thursday, April 23, 2009

Puppet Stand

So I have gotten a lot farther on my project than this blog would let on and I really need to catch up. Things may end up being posted a little bit out of order so please bare with me.

A couple weekends ago I went home to get some help from my pop. He's got a well equipped wood shop and a lot of experience. It's always extremely helpful to have someone with experience give you a little help.

After realizing my work would be made a lot easier with the aid of a puppet stand, my dad and I set to work to make one. First thing to do was cut a base. He happened to have a nice piece of hardwood laying around that we could utilize. We cut it to size using a band saw.

Next was measuring to find the center.


We then cut a hole at the center for a pole fit in.


Then we fit the wooden dowel to the base to size it.


Next we crafted a small round piece to cap the dowel with.



Sanding.


The top is screwed in place.


Then the base is glued in place.

Yay stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment